Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

24/7/365

Wow, time flies doesn't it? I have been going non-stop for a couple weeks now between my full-time job, part-time school, running, and new part-time job. I will continue with the blog and Project: Food Budget, but can't promise the Thursday deadline.

My fiance and I also spent last weekend at the NFL Draft in NYC. We drove to Portland, took a bus from Portland to Boston, and took the train from Boston to NYC. It was a very nice trip and I highly recommend travel by train to anyone who has a relatively short trip planned. While in NY, we spend 80% of our time in Radio City Music Hall attending the NFL Draft; however, we did manage to go out to breakfast a couple times. We went to Mike's in Brooklyn, near the Pratt Institute as well as this really cool Mexican cafe right in Brooklyn right under the train stop. They had this really yummy smoothie-type drink (I can't remember what it's called) made with orange juice, carrot juice, and condensed milk and a couple other 'secret' ingredients. We also went to dinner on Saturday night at City Lobster & Steak in Manhattan. I had the wild mushroom risotto with a side of sauteed spinach and grilled asparagus. It was quite delicious and has inspired me to attempt risotto at home.

School is almost done for the semester, only my final exam left and then I'm off for the summer (well off from school at least). I just started a second job. I'm working at a local convenience store a few days a week. So far it is going well. They are only a couple miles from my house so it's very convenient, the people are friendly, and they pay well (for a part time job).

As I mentioned in a recent post, my running routine has been in a bit of a funk lately, but that seems to be turning around. Having the second job may actually HELP keep me on track since I won't be able to procrastinate. I have 11 weeks until my 1/2 marathon and I'm up to 8 miles so all is going well. I have a couple 5K races coming up (one is tomorrow) and I'm going to try to squeeze in a 10K before my 1/2 marathon at the end of July. I am still eying a full marathon for this fall, but have yet to register for it. I figure I'll wait until I complete the 1/2.

Now that spring has sprung I'll have to turn some of my attention to the yard. I actually enjoy lawn mowing and weeding and all that, I just hope I have time to do it! I plan on having my 'urban micro farm' again this year (which basically consists of a few containers with tomatoes, basil, and perhaps something else).

That's about it for now. I'll update Project: Food Budget soon!

No comments: