So to say "it's been a while" would be an understatement. I really have been busy, but not THAT busy. Instead of trying to catch you up on the details of my nitty gritty life the last couple MONTHS I'll just give you some highlights:
1. Went to goddaughter's 1st birthday party! Happy birthday Anne-Marie!
2. Ran a PR in a 5K in May.
3. Helping out as Asst. Coach to Couch to 5K running group.
4. Bought new sneakers.
5. Started physical therapy for ITBS.
6. Was going to return new sneakers due to extreme pain in right foot. Got expensive insoles instead.
7. Was put on 2 weeks rest from running; unable to test out new expensive insoles.
8. Met my future BIL and his wife; Ben and Felicia came from Texas to visit with their dog, Lola, for a few days.
9. Went strawberry picking in a thunderstorm.
10. Found a field rat in my garden; decided to move bird feeder and named him Mr. Templeton.
11. Discovered the awesomeness that is 'garlic scape pesto'. I have a desire to put it on virtually everything.
12. Dropped out of the 1/2 marathon that I was training to do on July 24th. Once I am cleared to run again I will focus my attention to the Maine 1/2 Marathon in October. I deferred the registration for the July race to next year's race.
13. I have not been successful keeping my food budget under $100 (except for this past week). But that doesn't count because I had a bunch of stuff left over from the previous week.
I really am going to keep up with this blog. Summer is a hard time for me to want to be inside. I have been very busy with my 2 jobs, coaching, training, and regular everyday stuff around the house. I haven't even been to the beach yet!!!
Anywho, that is about all I have for now. What have you been up to lately?