Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Paleo Coffee Creamer!

One thing I have discovered over the years is that I DON'T like coffee black (unless it's iced coffee). As my Whole30 Challenge was approaching I tried to switch to black coffee knowing I couldn't have any dairy or processed foods (which leaves out store-bought coconut creamer). It just wasn't working for me. At first I thought I'd have to just drink tea instead, until I found a recipe for paleo coffee creamer!

I just made a batch which took all of 5 minutes to whip up! I made some minor adjustments and skipped the stevia/honey since Whole30 is a bit more strict about sweeteners. This actually works out great because I don't normally use sweetener in my coffee and just want a basic creamer.

It's very good! It does have a mild coconut flavor to it which is fine because I love coconut. I also LOVE the fact that I know exactly what is in my creamer (read your labels, you'd be SHOCKED at the "extras" they put in coffee creamer... or any store-bought processed food for that matter). This recipe is definitely a keeper!

Now I am fully aware that there are paleo 'purists' would would argue that our paleolithic ancestors would not have had the means to create something like coffee creamer (nor the necessity for it) therefore it's not truly paleo. I can appreciate that viewpoint, however, I have a need for coffee creamer that will fit into my paleo framework.

If you try this recipe out, let me know what you think. Did you try one of the flavored options?

No comments: